- To install the Door Closer Rotate the sweep adjuster to slow down the door closing speed.
- Turn the latch adjuster to get a quick, one second final swing to latch door.
“You can buy a high-quality Door Closer at lockinghardware.com. You can find less expensive door closers, but they don’t last as long and are less adjustable.”
- Drill pilot holes through the template into the door facing and door.
- Screw the door closer to the door facing.
- Screw the arm bracket to the door.
- Attach half of the closing arm to the door closer.
- Attach the other half of the closing arm to the door.
- Link the two halves of the closing arms together.
- Adjust the tension screw on the pneumatic cylinder to regulate the closing speed.
- Add the cover housing to give the residential door closer a finished look.